Click here to start the video
FilioQue English (53) the war for reality #10 – 4th religious moment: look for the source of goodness @PaterElias
How to verify the virtue of religion in our acts of adoration
Oktober, 21nd 2023 – While the war for reality is raging around us, father Elias Leyds C.S.J. started a couple of weeks ago in FilioQue in English, a collection of short reflections on the topic of ‘the religious fight‘. Adoration is an important attitude of a religious person. In the previous 3 deliveries Fathe relias talked about the first three steps:
- Go to a sacred place
- Adore with soul and body and
- Sacrifice something that is dear to yourself as an act of humility knowing that everything you have God you already received from Him, i.e. nothing is big enough to make up for it.
Having been in the sacred place, you return again into the world, knowing that the time you have is limited. In order to let our religious moments bear fruit in daily life we:
4. Reflect on the good things of life we have received and want to pass on.
Others might have died for you, because of a good cause. What is that cause which might make the sacrifices of our own life worthwhile.
Know that Goodness comes from a source. And when we look for that source we might come close to the almighty, the source of all Goodness. It will return a certain finality in our actions and sharpen our religious awareness, our religious sense.
Father Elias is again and again using realism to help us understand why religion or being religious, one of the virtues of life, is what we need, to give meaning and to reach our goals, our purpose in life. So the question remains: what does it take to live the virtue of religion? Father Elias gave us a good direction in how to test or qualify our deeds of adoration.
There are five 5 ‘steps of verification’ to test and purify our religious life, in the moments of adoration. It gives us a guide towards a real authentic religious life
1. Movement – go to a special place, a sacred place specially prepared for the Lord
2. Adoration – really adore the One who is, and who always shall be
3. Offer a sacrifice
4. Mediation – Reflect on the good things received and / or the good people you have met, look for the source or the Beginning of Goodness to give you the insights, wisdom or experience which you want to transmit to others… The divine Goodness will lead you and sharpen your religious sense.
5. Decide on an action, how to respond to God to answer his call
Do you want to watch the complete series of the ‘War for reality‘ so far? Click here.
11:29 | 231022 |[XLS000] |